|Dates||September 9th - October 14th|
|Association / Organisation||Cycling NSW|
Ladies, it’s time to join forces and take over the MAMIL (middle aged man in lyrca) phenomenon that has taken over cycling. The #100 Challenge is our perfect chance!
The event is specifically designed for women as a supported, no drop bunch ride. So, whether you’re new to longer distance rides or an old hand come and join these great rides. There will be rest stops to take in the views, refuel and time to enjoy a coffee and socialise.
There will be approximately 10 100km rides scheduled, across the Sydney Metro, Northern Inland & North Coast & Illawarra regions of NSW. Each bunch will have a ride leader and support rider. Where possible support vehicles will follow the ride, making this a truly supportive cycling experience.
Registrations for this event will open throughout the month of August and can be entered by women from the age 17 onwards. For only $10 per ride for Cycling Australia members and $25 for non Cycling Australia members there is no surprise this event garners huge interest so be quick to register when registrations open as there are limited spots.
As you ride in a bunch during these rides, it is crucial you understand the basics of bunch etiquette. A good way to improve your riding etiquette before attending your first #100 Challenge ride is to attend one of these women only training rides, led by experience ride leaders.
Recommended women only training rides:
Sydney Olympic Park:
- Each Wednesday Morning: 6:00am – 7:00am
- Meeting Point: Murray Rose Ave (Near Australia Avenue)
- Description: 45min around Sydney Olympic Park followed by coffee
Women‘s La Pa Ride:
- Every 2nd Thursday 5:30am – 7:30am
- Meeting Point: Post Office Square Cnr Silver Street & Marrickville Rd Marrickville
- Description: Average speed of 22km/h suits novice riders. Ride is lead and mentored by experienced women ride leaders & coaches. No drop rule applies.
If #100 Challenge sounds like a perfect fit for you, get in contact with us today.